Support for Bushfire affected communities
The stress of experiencing something such as a bushfire can leave people at a higher risk of developing depression or anxiety, even if they are not directly dealing with loss of property and/or possessions.
If you live in the New England, North West or Mid-Coast regions and have been affected by the bushfires, you can access free mental health coaching via the
bushfire wellbeing coaching line.
CALL 1800 010 630
between 8.30 am – 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
No referral is needed.
Free telephone coaching services with a mental health practitioner will provide you with strategies and techniques to manage their mental health.
This service is for people experiencing mild to moderate distress or mental health concerns as a result of the recent fires and is not a crisis service.
If you require immediate support, contact:
- In an emergency Triple 000 (Ambulance, Fire, Police)
- Mental Health Line - 1800 011 511 (24 hours, 7 Days)
- Lifeline - 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
- Kids Helpline - 1800 551 800 (for children under 12 years)
- Suicide Helpline - 1300 651 251
- Your nearest hospital emergency department.
Our new Bushfire Support web page has a wide range of information, resources and links available to access mental health, welfare and other support services.