Trauma-related training for emergency service and general practice staff
As part of the Australian Government’s Mental Health Supports for Bushfire Affected Australians package, the Department of Health has engaged Phoenix Australia to deliver training programs to aid frontline workers in order to better support community members affected by the 2019/2020 bushfires across Australia.
This project aims to work with emergency services personnel and general practice staff to enhance their ability to:
- support community members recovery from bushfires
- promote their own resilience and psychological recovery from the bushfires
- support the resilience and wellbeing of their teams and organisations.
Training packages will be available online from October 2020 for eligible emergency services and general practice staff.
To be eligible to access these training programs both the following criteria need to be met:
- A manager, supervisor, volunteer or staff member of a frontline emergency service organisation OR
- be a general practitioner, or work in a primary healthcare or general practice setting; AND
- Live or work in and/or support communities affected by the 2019/2020 bushfires.
Please submit an Expression of Interest if you or your organisation would like to be considered for access to these programs.